I’ve been involved in physical performance and puppetry as a performer (and deviser and director) since I graduated from LISPA, where I trained in Lecoq based Actor Created Theatre. This now includes:
- Performing movement and puppetry for film, TV and theatre
- Creating and supervising movement and puppetry teams on projects (including features)
- Collaborating closely with Visual FX as performer and puppeteer
- Working and performing with CFX and SFX teams on set, and the R&D process
- Motion control including flying rigs and RC
- Creature, Character and Animal Movement (in costumes, performance capture, anamatronics and puppets)
Recent projects include: Supervising Creature Puppeteer on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them & Puppetry and motion control on Gravity, both for Warner Bros; Voice and Puppetry originating the character of William Whiskerson for BBC Learning, Original West End cast of War Horse as puppeteer and actor, feature film projects as a puppeteer for both Warner Bros and Disney (in post production), two projects with Complicite, lead performer and Movement Assistant to Toby Sedgwick in London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony, AND additional puppetry on The Muppets Most Wanted (though only a tiny bit!)
I’m really proud to be part of what is a long tradition of British physical theatre. I grew up loving companies like Trestle, Kneehigh, Complicite and Frantic Assembly. I’m so thrilled to have been able to already work with so many of my peers, and look forward to continuing as part of this highly creative movement in theatre and film over the coming years.
Below is the offical behind the scenes footage from Gravity:
I am so proud to see some of the shots our puppetry ‘Movement Artists’ worked on, in there. Do look out for my ginger head, but mainly enjoy it! Having finally seen the film, after roughly 2 years of post, I am happy to say that it is AMAZING!
***warning CONTAINS SPOILERS***